Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Meet...Sharon Doerk

It is my sincere pleasure to introduce to you for our feature this month a lady that I feel is a genuine treasure. Sharon Doerk is a great friend and has become one of my go-to-girls. She has a real heart for other people and is very compassionate and a great encourager. She is also a teacher in the 2-3 year old room during Sunday morning service at Bethel Assembly of God in Martinsburg, West Virginia.

Sharon and her husband, Brian have been married for five and a half years and met through a mutual friend. They became friends and then more. She says, "Brian is my soul mate and best friend". They have two children, Olivia (3) and Jacob (18 months).

Her hobbies and interests include gardening, cooking, music, physical fitness and her children. She enjoys all kinds of music with the exception on rap and hip-hop. She says, "I worked in the music industry for many years and had the opportunity to work with various artists. You never know what you will find in my CD player!" She has recently been listening to a lot of Christian pop/rock such as Casting Crowns and Phil Wickham and some 80's music.

Sharon's favorite thing about Mom's Connection is getting out of the house and getting to know other moms. She says, "I've learned so much in the little time I've been involved with Mom's Connection. It's a great group of ladies!"
I asked her what her relationship with the Lord means to her and she said she knows she is becoming a better person, wife, mom and friend because of the relationship she is building with Him. She knows that she can go to Him and confess her spiritual "slip-ups" and ask forgiveness and strength to not do it again. She said, "It is very important for me to start and end my day with prayer and reflection. He is my rock and my strength."

Her favorite Bible verse is Matthew 6:34, "Do not worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will take care of itself..." This verse reminds her to "not rush each day but to enjoy it for all it has to offer, get a good night's rest and be ready for whatever life and the Lord has for you the next day."

Tina Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment