Monday, June 20, 2011

The Gardner

On the path I take every evening when I’m walking my dog, I go past an abandoned house. A few weeks back, I noticed a beautiful rose bush with six roses in full bloom. Because of my love of roses, I stopped to admire them. For each rose to be so full, I knew there were years of pruning and care given to this bush. And now it stands alone.

What if the once gardener of this rose bush had become frustrated with the growing process and hacked it away or trimmed too much? What if when it was attacked with disease, the gardener yanked it out of the ground? I’m sure there were times when there was doubt in the gardener’s eyes that this rose bush would ever become the vision of beauty it is today.

We, as mothers, are like the gardner in our child’s life. We have to carefully look after, love, and prune each child given to us by God. There is much time and consideration put into this process. We must take care of their physical needs as well as emotional and spiritual. We can become frustrated and wonder if our efforts will ever produce the beautiful masterpiece we hope to see one day.

While our children are in our care, we can’t give up. The gardner clearly knows what is seeks to achieve~ the bounty of harvest or the rose in full bloom. We need to keep before us the outcome we are striving for in our children.

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galations 6:9

Blessings,
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,

    Good points! We can never give up on our kids, or give up working on our kids. Just as God never gives up on us!

    My sons and I are all works in progress.

    In Christ,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete