Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Becoming an old woman

When I look in the mirror I see every flaw on my face: the long wrinkle running vertical beside my mouth, my sagging brow over my right eye, the gray hairs appearing around my temples, and much more. Even though I don’t enjoy looking in the mirror as I once did, I still find myself thinking about the old woman I hope to become some day. I wonder what I will look like and what can I do now to be the woman I want to see in 30 years.

When I think about becoming an old woman, I’m not talking about how I want to look but instead what kind of person I will mature and grow into in my spirit. How I truly am in my spirit will determine the expression or demeanor I will have on my face.

So over the next few meetings, I’m going to discuss briefly what kind of old woman should we want to become. This might seem like a morbid thought but it’s really a celebration of life because we should desire and long to live so long as to become old women.

The Bible says in Proverbs 31:30 “Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.”

Think about how you want to look, what kind of expression do you want to carry on your face, and how do you want to make other’s feel in your life if your blessed to grow old.

Thank you,
Lisa
Opening for today's topic meeting 1/10/2012

1 comment:

  1. I in years am an old woman, but in spirit am young. I believe that a happy, kind spirit is what keeps me young. I may have a few wrinkles, but I know how to laugh and how to love and share.

    ReplyDelete