Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Opening for Today's Meeting



Have you ever heard the old saying “If you keep making that face, it might stay that way”? You might remember your mom saying that to you, as I do or you might say that to your children now.  There is some truth in that old saying. Have you ever thought what you would look like if you pouted too much, wrinkled your brow too many times, or pressed your lips together.

My mother tells me not to press my lips together because I’ll get a ton of little vertical lines running across my mouth. She has them which is why she’s warning me. So I try to control the faces I make when I’m annoyed or angry. I try to remember, as best I can, to control it. But it’s hard.  The truth is what face I make on the outside is really only a reflection on how I’m feeling on the inside. How am I feeling about myself? Am I tired, worried, busy, or annoyed?  These feelings get written all over my face.

The Bible says,“A glad heart makes a cheerful face”  Proverbs 15:13 and “A cheerful heart is good medicine.” Proverbs 17:22

It’s too hard to control the expressions on our face because it’s just showing what’s going on deeper into who we are. But we can start changing how we react to situations internally. We can cast all our cares on God because He cares for us. With God’s help, we can have a cheerful heart which will be reflected all over our face.

Blessings,
Lisa



No comments:

Post a Comment