Thursday, January 21, 2010

You have the right to remain silent!

 
Recently during a church service I was attending, God spoke to me through the pastor's message. I never dreamed that I would be so interested in that service and what kind of impact it would have in my life. The pastor spoke on having the right to remain silent and briefly here is what he said:

1. You have the right to remain silent if you have nothing nice to say. Like most of us were taught "If you do not have anything nice to say, do not say anything at all".

2. You have the right to remain silent when in the presence of God. Sometimes after we have prayed, we need to wait for God to talk!

3. You have the right to remain silent if you're being wrongly accused of something. We would like to take up for ourselves and our families to whomever is talking bad about us. But if we step back and walk away, then God will solve the problem in His way.

God knew I was going to be there and that I needed to hear it. It still surprises me whenever I learn new things and what kind of impact it has on my heart. It makes me take a look at my life in a different way. I learned from that service that it's okay even in God's eyes to be silent and that He understands me. Because it meant something to me, I wanted to pass this on to others.

Marci Faro

No comments:

Post a Comment