Thursday, March 11, 2010

Meet....Janine DiGiovanni


I feel very blessed to know a person like Janine. Words I would use to describe her include: dependable, joyful, upbeat and patient. She is the Childcare Coordinator of our Mom's Connection leadership team. This position requires a lot of patience and dependability and she always handles everything with a cheerful attitude and a smile on her face. I look forward to every opportunity I get to spend time near her because her personality is so contagious ...no matter what kind of day I've had she can make me smile in two seconds flat! Having a friend like that is awesome!

Janine has been married for six years. Her and her husband met at Trinity Assembly of God in Lanham, Md when she was 14 and he was 16. She said, "We started 'going out' as kids used to call it (not really going anywhere just giving ourselves a label and the rest was history". They were married after she graduated from college. She was 21. They have two children Samuel (4) and Cara (20 months old).

Her hobbies include: reading, playing the piano (she gives lessons and also plays the piano for the praise and worship team at Bethel Assembly of God in Martinsburg, WV) , singing, and watching and rooting for the Redskins, and playing Fantasy Football "with every intention of winning!"
Her favorite kind of music is pretty much anything on Christian radio that she can sing along with. She doesn't have a favorite performer that she follows in fact she "can't usually remember who sang what song." She just knows if she likes it or not.

Janine's favorite thing about Mom's Connection is the close relationships that are forged. She loves that whenever you are in need ,or have a need to pray about, the ladies gather around you and make you feel loved and supported whether through prayer or through their own actions.
Her relationship with the Lord is everything. She said, "Without Him I don't think I could wake up in the morning and face all of life's troubles and tasks. He is my support, just like it says in my favorite Bible verse..." "Fear thou not for I am with thee, be not afraid for I am thy God, I will strengthen thee, yea I will help thee, yea I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." (Isaiah 41:10) She said, "I started quoting this verse in high school whenever I began to feel overburdened or afraid and it has helped me through many trying times."

I have really enjoyed getting to know Janine via Mom's Connection and I am grateful for the friendship that we have developed.
 
Tina Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment