Several moms, including myself, have been working out at home with Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home DVD's. With all the snow forcing us to stay indoors this was a great way to stay fit. Leslie Sansone has many different DVD's that all have one basic theme-walking. If you're looking for a simple way to lose weight, check out Leslie Sansone at http://www.lesliesansonevideos.com/.
If you have been working out to these DVD's or trying something different, we would love to hear from you. Make a comment and let us know what you are doing to stay fit! Let's encourage each other to take care of the body God gave us!
Top Ten Reasons why In-Home Walking Is For Everyone by Leslie Sansone
1. You already know how to walk. You might not be able to master Underwater Sumo Wrestling, Advanced Yoga for Invertebrates (or whatever the fitness craze du jour...), but that one-foot-in-front of the other-thing is a no-brainer.
2. Walking is something we all do, all day, everyday - at any age. In-Home Walking is a total
body workout that uses every major muscle group to help you burn calories, lose fat, achieve
a firm, well-proportioned look, and boost your energy levels sky high.
3. You can get rid of the treadmill in the middle of the family room, if you can find it under all the junk. Oh, and how about those oversized rubber bands you were promised would take the
bulge away. Pitch it all! You don't need these to lose weight and gain control of your health.
4. According to the New England Journal of Medicine, walking just 30 minutes a day three times
a week reduces death from all causes by 55%!
5. In-Home Walking requires no fees or fancy equipment. It's really, really cheap. Like your first husband, only without the bad golf ties.
6. With In-Home Walking you don't need to spend a fortune on those workout outfits. You can
walk in your underwear - hey, you can even walk in your birthday suit!
7. You can reach your fitness goals while watching TV and never have to leave your living room.
Is this exercise a dream, or what?
8. You can go In-Home Walking anytime - 6 in the morning or 6 in the evening, and you don't
have to miss a workout due to snow, sleet, hot or cold. All you need is floor space and a
good pair of walking shoes.
9. In-Home Walking can lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels, improve cardiovascular health and circulation, control weight, relieve symptoms of depression and anxiety, and strengthen muscles and bones.
10. In-Home Walking works because people stick with it for life. The only way to maintain good
health is by exercising consistently.