Monday, April 19, 2010

He Cares For You!

Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

Scriptures in the Bible take on real meaning when we apply them to our lives. Before that, they might seem like just words on a page. But O how they are so much more.

My lifestyle consists daily of casting all my anxieties at the foot of my Savior, Jesus Christ. The list is so long. I can't just bring the big things but every little detail of my day because I need His intervention.

One of my recent anxieties was how I was going to afford to throw my sister a bridal shower. She is getting married this summer and I am the Matron of Honor. In my heart I wanted to throw her the very best shower, not skimping on any detail. Looking at my meager budget I wondered how that would be possible. But God saw. Just as I began planning out all the details, getting all the more overwhelmed, God provided the answer.

My sister's future mother-in-law wanted to throw her a bridal shower too. At first I was irritated at this notion but I took this to God in prayer. As I was praying about it, God turned my irritation into a possible opportunity. At God's urging I called "future mom-in-law" and asked if she would consider doing a bridal shower together. She, so wonderfully, said yes. But God doesn't just give you the answer, He also throws the whip cream and cherry on top. I will continue to do everything I wanted to do for this bridal shower like the games, invitations, cake, (the whole theme really) while my partner does the location and food. The financial burden has been completely lifted off me.

This past Saturday I viewed the location of the bridal shower and it is more beautiful than I could have imagined. The meal is going to be partly catered by a seafood restaurant and I love seafood! I told "future mom-in-law" how her willingness to partner with me for this bridal shower was an answer to prayer and I watched her face beam. I am so thankful for a Savior who cares for me and shows it!

May our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ show how much He cares for you this week by lifting your anxiety in a way you could not imagine! Blessings, Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment