Monday, October 25, 2010

Holding Your Heart

I am 28 years old and headed to the cardiologist with a heart monitor strapped to my chest and stomach. Something is definitely wrong with this picture. Since my heart palpitations have begun it has been really easy to down play them or ignore them. I mean nothing serious could possibly be wrong! Yet here I am after having an ECG done on my heart and wearing this monitor for 24 hours heading in for a "consultation".

As I was driving the devil was really trying to hammer my spirit down by bringing up thoughts of what could be wrong and definitely not allowing me any thoughts of peace. So I flipped on the radio only to hear the singer praising the Lord by singing "You will be safe in his arms, safe in his arms the HANDS that hold the world ARE HOLDING YOUR HEART". At that moment the spirit of God fell so heavy in the car and I had such an immeasurable peace! As the radio kept play it finished with "when everything is falling apart you will be safe in his arms". How wonderful to know that my "heart" which has been acting up is safe in the arms of our God and Saviour who spoke our entire world into existence. Surely he can take care of my heart! I wonder how many of us are holding on to things and worrying when we just need to let God hold our "heart"!

Janine DiGiovanni
To hear the song Janine was listening to in her car, check out the playlist. The song is "Safe" by Phil Wickham. ~Lisa

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do,and he will show you which path to take."
Proverbs 3:5-6 New Living Translation

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
Matthew 6:25-27 New International Version

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."
Psalm 46:1 King James Version

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation."
Isaiah 12:2 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment