Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Getting to Know...Tiffany Bowers

Tiffany Bowers is all around a great person to be around. She is an encourager with a sympathetic ear, a willing heart, and a ready smile. I have really enjoyed getting to know her over the past year and I am thrilled to be able to feature her this month.

Tiffany has two children, Colton (3) and Kayla (6). She is a very devoted and patient mother. Her latest special project is working with autistic children to help the children and their families enjoy special activities together such as movies and other outings.

I asked her about her hobbies and interests and she replied, "Well, I really like photography, I love to take pictures. I love to capture just the perfect moment. I also love all my special projects." Her favorite personal hobby is surfing the web. She loves to see all of "the different takes on things online." She finds some of them "very humorous". She loves music and her favorite genre is country. She said, "I was born and raised in the south and a lot of the country songs bring me back home." Her favorite artist is Martina McBride. Her latest favorite quote is, "Some people walk in the rain, and others just get wet. I personally like to dance in the rain!"

Tiffany's favorite thing about Mom's Connection is, "That I can be around other moms, and know that we can all give something back to each other and get back from it too. At Mom's Connection I feel a part of a group of 'Real' moms not 'Susie Homemaker' moms."

I asked her what her relationship with the Lord means to her and she replied, "I am soul searching I guess. I have been more spiritually involved in the church in the last 4 months than I have been in my whole life and I was raised in "church". But... it's not the building that makes you a Christian. I am looking to God more now than ever to bring me through the good and the bad. I want to bring my kids up in the Lord. I want them to know him and believe in him."

Her favorite Bible verse is Jeremiah 20:15, which says, "This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel says: "Listen! I am going to bring on this city and the villages around it every disaster I pronounced against them because they were stiff-necked and would not listen to my words" About this verse she says, "Does that sound harsh?? If you read the whole story what it is telling you is to believe and listen to what God himself has to tell you. He is real. He is Holy. He is the one that we need to listen to."

Tina Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment