Monday, January 3, 2011

Looking back briefly, then moving on...

I’ll be completely honest. I’m glad to see 2010 gone. It wasn’t a great year. It was tough. However, as I look back over it, I’m thankful to see that I was not alone.

In every hard-pressed situation, I recall the hand of God. He intervened in a strained friendship and renewed it. He gave me the strength to do the things I had to even when I wanted to run away. He touched every bill that somehow I was able to pay it. He blessed me over and over again which enabled me to bless others. I would not have gotten through the year without His Presence!

During the last week of the year, I was reading in Exodus about Moses leading the Israelites out of Egypt and into the promise land. Israel was a stiff-necked people who after seeing all the miracles in Egypt, the Red Sea parted, and manna from heaven, they still turned from God and worshipped a golden calf. God had every right to be angry and said, “go up to the land flowing with milk and honey. But I will not go with you, because you are a stiff-necked people and I might destroy you on the way” (Ex. 33:3). But Moses said to the LORD, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us?” (Ex. 33:15).

Before moving on into the New Year, I repeated the words of Moses and said, “Lord, if your Presence does not go with me, do not send me up from here!” I don’t want to go anywhere without the Lord’s Presence. I couldn’t do it without Him in 2010 and I know I can’t in 2011!

May the Lord’s Presence go with you as well!
Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment