Thursday, July 9, 2009

Topics for this Fall

Whether you are planning to join the marriage study based on the book, Becoming the Woman of His Dreams by Sharon Jaynes or the mind study based on the book, Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer, both can be ordered on Amazon.com at a amazing low price. Used books are even available for as low as $3!! You are not obligated to purchase these books, but it will add to what you get out of the group discussions beginning this September.

Staying with our pattern this summer, here is an excerpt from Becoming the Woman of His Dreams by Sharon Jaynes, Chapter 3.

"the Bible's definition of love found in 1 Corinthians 13. Among other versions, here's a paraphrase you might want to consider... "

"If I teach Bible study classes, volunteer for women's ministry, and sing in the choir, but do not love my husband, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have a college degree, high-paying job, and successful career, but do not love my husband, I am emotionally and spiritually bankrupt. If I have faith that can move mountains, am quick to pray for those in need, and even have half the Bible memorized, but do not love my husband, I am disobedient and do not please God. If I keep a spotless house, maintain a well-manicured lawn, and prepare nutritionally balanced meals, but do not love my husband, it is all for naught. Hired hands can do as much."

No comments:

Post a Comment