Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Getting to Know....Amanda Dagostino

I have the pleasure this month of introducing you to a lady that I have really enjoyed getting to know. I recently got the opportunity to ask her some questions for this feature and I have really enjoyed reading her responses.

Amanda has been married to her husband, Lino, for six years and has two boys , Angelo (5) and Dominic (3 1/2).

Her hobbies and interests include stamping, scrap booking, reading, shopping and taking pictures of her children. She enjoys a variety of music but doesn't much care for rap or heavy metal.

Her favorite thing about Mom's Connection is "feeling loved". She "enjoys being able to connect [with other moms] and make lasting friendships with fellow believers that are there for you no matter what and are willing to pray with you at the drop of a hat."

When asked what a relationship with the Lord means to her, she replied, that it "gives her a sense of belonging." She also takes comfort in knowing that if God is for her who can be against her? (Romans 8:31) The Lord also ,"offers [her] security when everything around [her] seems to be falling." Her favorite Bible verse is "Jesus wept." (John 11:35) because, "it gives us that human perspective of God that he could cry just like us."

I asked her if there was anything else that she wanted us to know about her and she replied, "I am a stay-at-home mom of two boys but I don't let that identify who I am." She feels that it is important to have your own identity and your own time. She said," Being a mom is great, but you need to remember you are a woman also."

I think a lot of us forget that we are people too and we get caught up in taking care of our husbands, our children, and everybody else that we often forget about ourselves, failing to nurture relationships with other women who are experiencing a lot of the same things we are going through.

Mom's Connection provides an oasis for a lot of moms, a place for us to fill our canteens with God's love through fellowship with other women so that we can prepare ourselves for the weeks and days ahead. Amanda said, "That's another great thing about Mom's Connection, it is time away from your children to be that woman God created us to be."

I hope you have enjoyed getting to know Amanda as much as I have. I hope to continue to build a strong friendship with this amazing woman that I met at the oasis I have found in Mom's Connection.

Tina Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment