Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Blessings

"This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

This past Saturday morning I woke up praying that God would bless my day. That He would allow me to get everything done I needed to, that the rain would go away, and it would remain cool! That was quite the order especially when my day was crammed full and I was told by too many people that it was supposed to rain all day.

It was my son's 9th birthday. On the agenda was my bi-monthly card club in the morning, soccor game, haircut appointment, balloons picked up, and home. But peace was not waiting for me at home. My son's party was at 6:30pm when 10 invited children, parents, and family were arriving soon.

But guess what? God was at it again! Blessing me. Why do I get such favor? I won't lie and tell you my day felt like a breeze, it didn't. But my prayers were answered. When I layed in bed that night, I just thanked God for keeping the rain away, for giving me a cool breeze to blow through my house, for everyone coming to the party I expected, for winning the soccor game, and most importantly for that big thank you from my son at the end of the day. God is good!

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment