Monday, May 18, 2009

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

On the playlist listed, you will hear a song that might seem unusual to you to be here. The song is Somewhere Over the Rainbow by IZ. This is one of my favorite songs. I specifically love this version because it leads into What a Wonderful World. Before going any further I would love for you to scroll down and click on that song. Listen to it as I share with you why this song is special to me.

One day I will walk in a place somewhere over the rainbow. I will see skies of blue and clouds of white. But most of all I will see a light so bright, a love so big, and a world so perfect. One day troubles will melt like lemon drops. This world and all its troubles will be long gone. If you have allowed Jesus Christ to be Lord of your life, you have this place to look forward to as well. Heaven is not a fantasy or dream we hope to come true. It is a reality!

"A rainbow, resembling an emerald, encircled the throne [in heaven]. Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders. They were dressed in white and had crowns of gold on their heads. From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. Also before the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal." (Revelations 4:3-6)

While on this earth we see the trees of green and the roses bloom. But one day we will see a more beautiful sight! We will be reunited with family and friends that have went on ahead to heaven before us. Let yourself dream of that wonderful day. Can you imagine gazing into their eyes once more? My father was a man of God and I know he's in heaven. I look forward to seeing him again. Hallelujah!

"Now the dwelling of God is with men , and he will live with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." (Rev. 21:3-4)

This song also reminds me that this world God made is wonderful. I need to be reminded of it because if I listen to the nightly news even once I forget. After all Jesus died for it. We see this wonderful temporary world in all its created splendor but it still falls so short of perfection. I look forward to the perfect place made for us not so far away. We are a breath away from it. The most wonderful world I have to look forward to is yet to come. One day I will be somewhere over the rainbow in heaven with my Savior! I hope you will be there with me!!

"The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp." (Rev. 21:23)

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment