Monday, September 14, 2009

Blessings from God

On Saturday I had the privilege of spending the day at the Sweet Life Cafe Retreat at Bethel Assembly of God. I had a wonderful time with the fellowship of other christian women, enjoying delicious food, and time to draw closer to my Lord.

After having such an enjoyable day, I feel ashamed to tell you I originally didn't want to go. There were so many reasons I had why the day just wouldn't work. First, I was coming back from vacation that week. Everyone knows the laundry, cleaning, and putting away things that would await me. My kids were missing a week of school and would have lots of makeup work to do over the weekend. When the registration fee was due, I was leaving for a trip to Myrtle beach and didn't have any spare cash. I would have to find someone to watch my children. Finally I would have to get my husband's happy consent. Phew! The list was long!

As the time approached for me to make a decision, I felt God wanted me to go. Even when I told Him ALL the reasons I had for not going, God didn't let me off the hook. In fact He put other people in my life to confirm it. What else was there for me to do? And that is reason I am writing this because God made it happen for me!

When I came back from Myrtle beach, I had exactly $40 in my wallet. So I paid the registration fee in faith. I still had two more big hurtles to go. But they were a breeze too! My friend committed to watching my children and my husband was getting them when he got off work. Both told me, "no problem"! That doesn't always happen! Now, I still had vacation clean up and makeup school work but everything got done.

Most importantly God knew what I didn't know over a month ago that I needed to go. I needed time to laugh. I needed time alone with God. I needed to let go of somethings in my life. The Bible says, "that times of refreshing may come from the Lord" (Acts 3:19). God wanted to bless me when I didn't even know it!

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment