Tuesday, August 11, 2009

New Friends

It's always been easy for me to make friends. They were the kind of friends that would come and go whenever things got difficult or whenever money got tight. But this year I found different kinds of friends.

I attended Bethel Assembly of God one day in the beginning of this year. I signed an attendance card the first time I went and received a free gift. Little did I know that this would be the start of meeting great new friends and a new life. A few days later, someone called me from Bethel to tell me about the church and what they had to offer. I was told there was a mom's group and that they met twice a month and did many other things all year long. She said that the leader of the group would call me if I liked. Then Lisa Fraley called and we talked like I had known her forever. It was great!

When I went to my first meeting, I was a little scared because I wasn't sure what I was getting into. But it was great! Everyone there was nice and welcoming. I felt so comfortable like I knew some of the ladies forever. I knew I was going be fine. It's almost been a full year and I have made a lot of new and lasting friendships. The kind of friends that have been with me ALL year. They always have encouraging and uplifting words to say to me and always help no matter what.

I have always known the Lord. Sometimes I made it to church but not on a regular basis. Staying in touch with Mom's Connection makes me want more of God. Life is a little difficult now with me juggling my normal tasks and working an almost full time job but WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE! I have been reminded of that all week from some of the mom's.

It's been wonderful that God has opened the door for great new friends and extra encouragement this year. I just would like to thank all the mom's in Mom's Connection and say that I will be back this year as well.

Marci Faro

No comments:

Post a Comment