Monday, August 24, 2009

Your Hidden Potential

Another year has come and gone. I don't count my years by my birthday or by New Year's Day, but by the first day of school. I marvel how my children are another year older already in a higher grade. I think about all the things we did this summer together and how thankful I am to spend it with them.

Then I am reminded of a conversation I had with a friend right after I made the decision to quit my job and stay at home with my son, Lee. My friend, a former co-worker, shared with me that she was the winner of a bet at work. You see, another co-worker and I were pregnant at the same time. She was older than me and everyone had it figured she wouldn't be back after having her baby. But no one believed it would be me.

I couldn't blame them for thinking that. When someone came in with a baby, I wasn't the one who went running up to them to hold their baby. I didn't come across as the "motherly type". And when I was trying to get pregnant, I even wondered myself. But God saw the mother I would become when I held my precious baby in my arms. He knew my heart and potential!

What would others say about you? Do you believe them? Or do you believe the One who made you! "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart" (1 Samuel 16:7)

Blessings,
Lisa
 

No comments:

Post a Comment