Monday, August 17, 2009

Releasing to God

In June my son went away for a camping trip with the Royal Rangers at Bethel Assembly of God. He was gone a total of 2 1/2 days and 2 nights. I knew he was going to have the time of his life mostly because he loves the outdoors, fishing, and hanging out with other males. However this knowledge did not help my anxiety I had the whole time he was gone. Admittedly for the three days I felt uneasy. I couldn't sleep soundly. It didn't feel right laying my head down on my pillow with my baby boy not in the house.

As a faith-filled mom I know God loves my children even more than I do. They were lent to me for a short time to care for and raise. I pray daily over their safety, health, future, and complete well-being. I trust God! And this is easy to do when my children are within MY eyesight, under MY roof, and within MY grasp. It is quite a different story when their not.

As all of our children grow older they begin their own adventures of life without us. For some it starts when they go off to school with field trips and sleepovers. And it will eventually lead to driving, college, and marriage. If I have trouble with a camping trip, how will I handle all the rest?

I will do what I do with all the other matters in my life- I will let go and let God. I know when I continually release my children into God's hands, I will have peace. I don't want to limit God by keeping my children always within my reach. I want to give God full access to my children and keep trusting Him for their future. I'm trusting God that peace will come...

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord" (1 Samuel 1: 27-28)


Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment