Monday, October 12, 2009

Our Comfort Zone

My stomach was in knots. I had already went to the bathroom several times. I can feel myself shaking out of nervousness. I ask myself, "why are you doing this"? But I know exactly why. Because the one who asked me to go, I couldn't ignore any longer.

These are the feelings I had when I went to the prayer group, God Catchers, for the first time. It might be hard for you to imagine but I'm not the same person now. I did not like to be around people I didn't know real well. I didn't pray for very long and certainly not in front of anyone. I didn't like to travel places I hadn't been before. I also didn't like close intimate conversations. Everything about it was completely out of my comfort zone.

But guess what? God wants us to get out of our comfort zone. He wants to do more in us than we can think or imagine for ourselves. I don't know what that is for you. What I do know is God's voice is speaking! Shhh...what do you hear?

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk it it'." Isaiah 30:21

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment