Monday, October 19, 2009

Where is your medicine cabinet?

Whenever I am in pain physically I make my way straight to my bathroom. I pull open my medicine cabinet and pull out whatever I need to take care of the pain. After taking it, I have to wait for it to take affect. It has to make its way to my stomach, dissolve, and spread through my blood stream before I feel it working. It's normally a fifteen minute wait. During this time I know something is happening inside of me even when though I don't see. This is how I think of prayer.

When I pray to my heavenly father, it's like I'm going to the medicine cabinet. I can't control the things in my life just like I can't control the pain in my body. I need help. After I open up in prayer to God, I tell him all about it. I soak in His peace, His strength, and His assurance that help is on the way. It's like I took the pain medication and I know something good is going to happen. Now I have to wait just as I'm waiting for the Advil to kick in.

I am certain that just as the pain medication takes time to work its way through my body to take away my pain that God is moving in the same way. I believe this because I am a child of God (Romans 8:16). I have been saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8). God's Word says, I will be delivered from the powers of darkness (Colossians 1:13), kept in safety wherever I go (Psalms 91:11), and will get all my needs met by Jesus (Philippians 4:19). I can cast all my cares on Jesus (1 Peter 5:7) because he cares for me. I am healed by his stripes (1 Peter 2:24), blessed with all spiritual blessing (Ephesians 1:3), and more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37). I do this by walking by faith and not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7).

Therefore I can not understand the people who "try" not to use any medication to relieve their pain. They prefer to suffer than to feel better. They run more to imperfect human beings than to the medicine cabinet- GOD. What are you waiting for? Go! (If you want to know how, ask me!!)

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment