Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Getting to Know.....Kim Ratcliffe



Every month we will feature one of the mom's from Mom Connection. For this month I have chosen our Assistant Director/Care Circle Coordinator, Kim Ratcliffe. I have had the privilege to get to know this mom in our Contagious Christian care circle. It's been an absolute joy. She is a great wife, mother, friend and confidante and I feel extremely blessed to know such a woman.

Her favorite activities to do when she gets some free time is to spend time with her family, read and make cards. She likes a lot of different singers but lately she has been listening to Chris Sligh. She loves to watch romantic comedies, musicals, and older films such as "The Sound of Music", "While You Were Sleeping and "It's A Wonderful Life" to name a few. Some of her favorite actors include Harrison Ford and Jimmy Stewert.

She has been married for 10 years to her husband, Dan. They met at Office Max when they were both working there. She has two children, Heather,9, and Thomas,4. Some of her favorite things to do with her children are crafts, go to the park, and take family outings.

A relationship with our Lord means everything to her. He is her teacher, comforter, friend and helper. I couldn't agree more and she put it in the most beautiful way I have ever heard it spoken ( or in this case typed ) when she said, "He is my heavenly Father and treats me with fatherly love and [a] patience that no one else on earth could." Because of this relationship, she chose to lead the Contagious Christian care circle so that she might learn to better share her faith with others.

Kim said her biggest inspiration is the Apostle Paul because "He faced many challenges and obstacles, and he stayed humble and remembered where God had brought him from. He was passionate for God and wanted to share his faith with others no matter what it cost him. I want to be more like that. I am also inspired by my friends. Their different personalities and talents inspire me to have a different view and response to things sometimes."

Kim's favorite thing about Mom Connection is ,"the people and how we can come together and are real with one another and share our concerns. We pray for one another, support one another, and learn from one another."

I can honestly say that I have never met a more down-to-earth group of ladies. There is no pretext and no masks when it comes to Mom's Connection and from that first meeting that I attended I have never felt more at home...it was almost like sitting amongst family and Kim was part of the reason that now I am hooked.

Tina Burton
Hospitality Coordinator

1 comment:

  1. You just don't know how special you are!

    ReplyDelete