Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Testimony Tuesday

For many years I was a full-time caregiver for my Grandmother. It was such a rewarding time in my life, but also a lonely time. The few friends I had before I started doing care giving gradually disappeared. I just didn’t have time to get together anymore. Then, in 2007, I was invited to attend Mom’s Connection. God knew, before I did, that I desperately needed some Christian friends. I wanted to go to a meeting, but between caring for my Grandmother & my new baby, I just didn’t have the time or energy.
Then in the fall of that same year, my Grandmother passed away. For the first time in years, I realized how lonely I was. I have never made friends easily, but I recognized that I needed to reach out. I decided to attend a Mom’s Connection meeting. I prayed to God that this meeting would help me find some other Christian women that I could relate to & with whom I could begin to develop friendships. As Sharon Jaynes says in her book The Power Of A Woman’s Words, "…God has designed women to develop godly friendships and encourage each other…We are much like coals or cinders that die out alone, but burst into flame when brought together and stirred." My flame has been rekindled, thanks to the friends God has placed in my path. Needless to say, God blessed me that day & continues to bless me through the women of Mom’s Connection!

May God Bless You!
Donnis Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment