Thursday, March 12, 2009

Where are you?

I was reading my Women of Faith devotional and the entry for February 21 especially spoke to me. I thought I would share it with you.

The Heart of the Matter

"Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, 'Where are you?'"

"Where are you?" Those three words represent so much. When God called out to Adam and Eve, He was after something. He desired something. Something way beyond what He was asking.
What God desired was honesty. He wanted Adam and Eve to answer Him with the truth. He desired for His children to realize where they were. Tell Him where they were. That would be their first step in realizing the state of their hearts and their desperate need for Him.
I have learned that the Lord is always on a pursuit to get to the heart of the matter. But we keep changing the bandages instead of running to God and saying, "Heal me, Lord--whatever it takes." We hide and keep on hiding. Like Adam and Eve, God speaks to us: " Why are you doing that? I see it all." He wants us to come to Him with abandon.
By Kathy Troccoli, Hope for a Woman's Heart

Where are you today? God knows where you are. He wants to know if you know where you are and to tell Him honestly. No matter where you are God sees you, and He wants to meet you there and take you further with Him.

"You're the God who sees me. Now I have seen the one who sees me." Genesis 16:13

Mom's Connection meets every third Friday of the month for prayer. Come join us and let God meet you where you are.

Love in Christ,
Kim Ratcliffe

No comments:

Post a Comment