Monday, March 30, 2009

You are Mine

My husband and I had the opportunity to take our children to Walt Disney World at the end of last year. At every park my children wanted to take off running to see all they could see. Repeatedly I chased after them saying "get back here". With all the amazing sights, the characters, and rides I could hardly blame them. However I still reminded them at every park to stay with us because I didn't want to loose them. You see, their mine and my husband's! They would not find another set of parents in that entire park. We're it!

When I was praying this past week about what I should write about this morning, God repeatedly spoke to me, "tell them they are mine". God confirmed it to me when I opened my Bible to Isaiah 43.

"But now, this is what the Lord says- he who created you,... he who formed
you... 'Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name;
you are mine...'" Isaiah 43:1

There is so much going on in our lives-the phone is ringing, dinner is cooking, the baby is crying, and our minds are racing about finances, loved ones, illnesses. We get distracted with the cares of this world. Just like our children we take off running, if only for a while, forgetting who we belong to. Let me remind you today, dear sisters, who we are in Christ. We are "children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of
God." John 1:13 We are children of God, His daughters!

"When you pass through the waters I will be with you and when you pass through the rivers they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior" Isaiah 43:2-3

Many of you are passing through some storms in your life right now. But you are not alone. God is right there telling you- "you are mine"! We can turn to Him in every crises, hurt, or care in this world and say "Abba, Father". Wow! Get a hold of this truth. How much do your children mean to you? Mulitiply it a thousand times to get a taste of God's love for you!

"... you are precious and honored in my sight, and I love you" Isaiah 43:4

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment