Monday, March 9, 2009

In my quiet place



"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul." Psalm 23:1-3



With my coffee in hand, I walk down my quiet hallway back to my bedroom. It is about 5:45 am. I have already exercised, kissed my husband goodbye, and opened my door to allow the neighbor boy to crash on my couch. It's an hour before my house wakes up with the bustling of the morning. I have an appointment I must keep. I don't head for the shower but instead sit down on the floor beside my bed. My appointment is with God.

"You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows". Psalm 23:5


Something amazing happens each morning beside my bed on that floor. God opens up a window in heaven and pours buckets of love, peace, and joy down upon me. The longer I linger, the more I get. It's only then can I get up from that spot to live my life. It's how I have joy in my day, peace in my spirit, and love in my heart for my husband, my children, the extra children in my home, and this world.

This is my quiet place with God when I praise Him, thank Him, tell Him I need Him, and when I commit my day and life to Him. Then I open up my Bible to read His Word. This is when He speaks to me. It's amazing to commune with God. It's amazing to know He's real. It's amazing when God keeps loving me despite my imperfections.


"Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." Psalm 23:6


Are you feeling depleted? God is waiting for you...



Blessings,

Lisa




No comments:

Post a Comment