Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Unseen

My husband comes home from work and tells me that he has to take a trip. There is a plane in Germany that is broke. He is part of a crew being sent to bring the plane home. There is no guarantee that he will be home on schedule, if the plane has been fixed, or if not, when it will be. Everything depends on God.

Nothing about my husband's job makes sense to me. I think about all the things in this life that don't make sense to me. Why do things happen the way that they do? Then God reminds me that He is with me in it all. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Some things I may never understand the reasons for. But I can know that God is using them for His glory.

Sometimes things seem senseless, purposeless. But God is never senseless. Everything He allows in our lives has a purpose. He wastes nothing, not our joys, not our sorrows, not our mistakes. Chris Sligh sings a song called "Something Beautiful". In it he says "There is something beautiful in all I can't see through". If we think negatively about our circumstances, we miss the beauty of what God is doing. We need to trust that God is doing something beautiful, even when we can't see it. Then we can rejoice because no matter what is happening God will be glorified. Our hope is in Him.

God's word says, "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal". 2 Corinthians 4:18

Where are your eyes fixed today?

Kim Ratcliffe

No comments:

Post a Comment